Which merchants or services do not accept pre-paid cards
The services and merchants below are ones that we have confirmed will not work with StatesCard as they do not support purchases using pre-paid cards directly. In general it is always recommended to reach out to the seller and confirm they will accept pre-paid cards before trying to make a purchase using StatesCard.
For a potential work-around for payment, please see the the bottom of the guide.
- Fubo TV
- Discovery+ (US)
- Peacock (US)
- YouTube TV
- DirectTV Stream
- Walmart - may accept pre-paid cards for some items but not others
- BestBuy - may accept pre-paid cards for some items but not others
If you are looking to subscribe to these services, you may be able to do so using the mobile in-app purchase method:
- Confirmed working with Paramont+, Discovery+ and Peacock.
- The method below will only work if the app's payments go through Google's/Apple's payment system.
- Add StatesCard as a payment method to your Google or Apple pay account - if using an Apple account, will require a US Apple account.
- Download the desired service's mobile app to your phone or tablet.
- Use a valid VPN or Smart DNS service to access the app.
- Subscribe to the service from within the app itself, using StatesCard as the payment method while paying via Google or Apple Pay.